Italian prosecutors have ordered a new search of Juventus offices as they continue to investigate the Serie A club for financial misappropriation.
Particularly, the authorities are probing the financial details of the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo, Daily Mail writes.
Last week, Turin prosecutors said they were already looking into whether senior managers at Juventus gave false communications to investors and issued invoices for non-existent transactions.
The club has said it was fully cooperating with authorities on the matter.
Juventus’ offices in Turin and Milan were raided by police last Friday, with player contracts, invoices and financial statements taken as evidence.
It follows allegations that the former Italian champions falsely recorded the values of transfers between 2019 and 2021, to ensure they complied with Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.
The authorities took documents relating to transfers, invoices and financial statements with six Juventus officials – including club president Andrea Agnelli and vice-president Pavel Nedved under investigation, as well as Juventus itself.
A probe by Italy’s football watchdog COVISOC and finance regulator Consob has already been opened on the Turin giants.