No fewer than eight Boko Haram fighters were killed on Friday when the Jihadists ambushed a convoy of Borno State Resettlement and Relief Committee officials.
Some policemen and soldiers in the convoy however sustained injuries during the attack along Monguno- Nganzai Road.
Top government officials in the convoy include Kakashehu Lawal, State Attorney General; Mustapha Gubio, Commissioner for Rehabilitation Reconstruction and Resettlement; and that of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Mai-Mele.
They were said to be returning from Monguno, where they went to distribute relief materials to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), when their convoy came under heavy attack by the terrorists.
A military source said the convoy needed support from men of the Anti-Robbery Squad and Civilian Joint Task Force.
The attack occurred hours after the terrorists claimed responsibility for downing a Nigerian Air Force fighter jet earlier this week.
You must log in to post a comment.